Our company, PlusOne Solutions, Inc.® (hereafter "PlusOne" or "We") respect your privacy and we are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy ("Policy").
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Policy.
- When you interact with our operations and/or our staff.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- PlusOne Solutions, Inc.®, offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by PlusOne or any third party; or
The information we collect on or through our Website(s) may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to the CheckMyBadge℠ Service or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the search and fulfillment of your CheckMyBadge℠ inquiries on the Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- Information provided by your employer or Contacting Participant.
- Photos, Company Logo, and other images.
- Relevant feedback received from consumers regarding technicians, contractors, companies or our clients and their products.
As a Participant or Contracting Participant, you also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on the Website, or transmitted to other Users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "Participant’s Materials"). Your Participant’s Materials are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your Participant’s Materials. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your Participant’s Materials will not be viewed or used by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type. As a consumer who is also a user of our Website, the information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information. This information helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
How We Use Participant’s Information
We use information that we collect about Participants, or that Participants or Contracting Participants provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to the Users.
- To provide Users with the CheckMyBadge℠ Services that the User request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which Participants or Contracting Participants provide it.
- To provide Participants and Contracting Participants with notices about their Participant Materials, and/or their subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between the Contracting Participant and us including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or the CheckMyBadge℠ Service we offer or provide through it.
- To allow our Users to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when Participants and Contracting Participants provide us with information or Participant Materials.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
As a Participant or Contracting Participant, we may also use your information to contact you about the CheckMyBadge℠ Services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, you may let us know by taking one of the following steps:
- If you are an individual who has paid for his/her own subscription to utilize the CheckMyBadge℠ Services, you may contact PlusOne at firstname.lastname@example.org to revoke your subscription as a Participant; or
- if you are a Participant who is employed by a Contracting Participant you may contact PlusOne at email@example.com to adjust your user preferences and you are also responsible for notifying the Contracting Participant of your election to opt-out of the CheckMyBadge℠ Services.
PlusOne Solutions® operates in accordance with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). In accordance with the FCRA, information about you may only be furnished to third parties that have a permissible purpose. In general, these deal with credit, employment, insurance, rental or financial transactions initiated by you, or when a firm offer is being made to you. PlusOne Solutions qualify their customers to make certain that they have a permissible purpose to receive the information.
Investigative Consumer Reports: California Residents
According to California law an "investigative consumer report" is a consumer report containing information on a consumer's character, general reputation, personal characteristics, or mode of living. PlusOne compiles investigative consumer reports about Participants and provides them to businesses for employment and/or professional licensure verification purposes.
To obtain additional information about the privacy practices and policies of PlusOne Solutions® in connection with investigative consumer reports or the CheckMyBadge℠ Services, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclosure of Your Information
For the purposes of providing the CheckMyBadge℠ Service, we may disclose aggregated information about Participants without restriction to the User. We may disclose personal information that we collect or that a Participant or Contracting Participant provide as described in this Policy:
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of PlusOne’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by PlusOne about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you, as a Participant or Contracting Participant provide it. For example, when you provide your photograph to us for use in the CheckMyBadge℠ Service, we will display that photograph along with other information (e.g. your name and identification number) for the User to view as a part of the search result.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of PlusOne, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Accessing and Correcting Your Participant Information
You can review and change your personal information by contacting the Contracting Participant with whom you are affiliated. If as a Participant, you are not affiliated with a Contracting Participant, but you subscribe to the CheckMyBadge℠ program, you may send us an e-mail at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. You may also access your account by going to http://my.plus1solutions.net and signing into your account or by contacting PlusOne directly. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
It is our policy to post any changes we make to our Policy on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat our Participant’s personal information, we will notify the Participant by e-mail at the address specified in your account and/or through a notice on the Website home page. The date the Policy was last revised is identified at the bottom of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable e-mail address for you, and for periodically visiting our Website and this Policy to check for any changes.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, contact us at:
Revised March 24, 2014